Home » Garrison, Ervan
Dr. Ervan Garrison
University of Georgia: Anthropology
Ph.D. Anthropology and Archaeology, University of Missouri 1979
- Prehistoric enquiry using the tools of geophysics and geochemistry to locate and characterize the subsurface remains of human habitation. UGA has led in this area using digital radar, magnetics, GIS, stable isotopes in portable and laboratory settings to characterize archaeological finds.
- Underwater archaeology
- European prehistory
Fellow of the Geological Society of America
- Garrison, E. Techniques for Archaeological Geology. 2003. Heidelberg:Springer Verlag.
- Garrison, E. 1998. A History of Engineering and Technology: Artful Methods. Boca Raton: CRC Press LLC.
- Herz, Norman, and E. Garrison. 1998. Geological Methods for Archaeology. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Garrison, E. 2008. “Shallow Marine Margin Sediments, Modern Marine Erosion and the Fate of Sequence Boundaries – Georgia Bight (USA)”. Southeastern Geology 45(3): 127-142, with Greg McFall and Scott E. Noakes.
- Garrison, E. 2001. Physics and archaeology. Physics Today 54(10): 32-36.
Special Topics in Anthropology